Thursday 22 November 2012

Self Evaluation - Assessment (OUGD403)


BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN
LEVEL 
04
 Module Code  
OUGD403


 Module Title
DESIGN SKILLS


END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

NAME:  CAITLIN WALSH



1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
 - My skills using the Illustrator software have improved a lot and has allowed me to utilise this tool more efficiently throughout out many of my projects such as the digital alphabet for visual thinking.
 - I have also learnt how to use Blogger and now understand how to appropriately blog my work. This has also helped improve my organisation through out each area.
 - I think that I am now managing my time a lot more affectively and my work is benefiting from this. 



2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
 - Taking the time to thoroughly research my subject give me more in-depth information to work from therefore boosting the quality of my work.
 - Testing my work, whether it be through the group crit process or prototyping, gives you different perspectives on your work as well as opportunities to alter and overall improve the outcome.



3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
 - Explaining a justifying my progress and choices. I believe that when I think about the content of my work thoroughly and this gives me strong reasons in which I can justify it and proof its success.
 - Using my blog to display my progress through out a project. This helps me to look back and understand the processes I have gone through to capitalise on and improve my future work.
 - Experimenting and testing alternatives to layout before commenting to ensure the best outcome. 



4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
 - (Up until recently) Keeping up to date with my blog - Realising how much work can build up. To avoid this I will try to blog my work and progress as I go therefore the things I am writing up are fresh in my head.
 - Getting more of my initial ideas down on paper rather than skipping to the one I think is best. i will try to complete as many variables of initial ideas as I can to ensure I take the right route.
 - I think experimenting with different materials and medias may help me gain more diversity within my work.



5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

1 - Keep on top of my blog so I stay unto date with my work and progress. This will also allow more time for the actual experimenting and making of each task.
2 - Draw up more initial ideas because making a commitment to ensure I make the right choices.
3 - Try to experiment more with different media. This will give me a broader range of options and ideas.
4 - 


6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas: 
5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor


Attendance = 5


Punctuality = 5


Motivation = 4


Commitment = 5


Quantity of work produced = 4


Quality of work produced = 4


Contribution to the group = 4


The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment