Thursday 31 January 2013

Self evaluation (OUGD405)


1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I feel I have learnt how to work through the process of elimination when it comes to research of ideas and have applied them successfully when experimenting with my work. Through workshops I have developed a better understanding on how certain software’s work and now feel more confident when using them. Finding out more about InDesign has helped me understand why it is better to use this over Photoshop when designing with page layouts.

2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

Through my mistake of creating page layout on Photoshop I now understand that I can utilise other software more to gain a higher standard in the execution of my work. I understand that using the library as well as using the internet is very helpful when looking for ways to do things such a packaging. Researching thoroughly and immersing your-self into your subjects helps you to think in new ways. This has been very helpful when working on the Mafia subject.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I feel that I have gained strength when it comes to the research of a subject as well as research on how to create thing (boxes). I feel as though the execution of my work has become stronger however I stll feel there is a lot of room for improvement. I feel I am physically working better when making however need to remember to document as I go. I feel that I can capitalise on this making process when relying on research.


4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

I feel that my execution of making id good however can be improved in the future. I need to remember to document my process as I go with photos and updates on my blog. I would have liked to experiment a lot more with stock and print, however lack of time hindered this possibility. Towards the assessment process I was struggling to complete my blog updates even though I had completed the actual product. This is something I want to address in the future to avoid stress.




5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

1. Experiment with stock and other methods of print to experiment with different outcomes.
2. I want to start using the correct software when working with different types of document to make sure that the best out come is reached and my work looks more professional.
3. Time management relating to my blog needs to improve to avoid a rush towards the beginning of the assessment period. This will allow me to think clearer and become more organised.
4. I would have like to experiment with colour more in the future and experiment with my ne knowledge of the pantone system.
5. I would like to gain more knowledge on the materials that are available to me such as card, fabric and other textures. I feel this would add a depth to my work, making it more intriguing. Having this knowledge would be very helpful in the future.

6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance




Punctuality




Motivation




Commitment




Quantity of work produced




Quality of work produced




Contribution to the group




The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment