Friday 3 May 2013

EVALUATION OUGD406


BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN
LEVEL 
04
 Module Code  
OUGD406


 Module Title
DESIGN PRACTICE 1 


END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION


NAME:
Caitlin Walsh


1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I feel that I have become more used to working in a group and now feel more comfortable when doing so. I also think that has taught me that some times you have to compromise more when working with others. through the workshop sessions i have developed new knowledge on the print screen method as well as becoming more knowledgeable on how to use indesign software. After taking part in my first live brief with the Secret7 project I think i am more comfortable and confident to put my work out there for the public to see. 


2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

After trouble with my book printing for 'speaking from..' i have realised the importance of making full mock ups of a booklet so you can fully visualise how the book will function as well as page order. Trying out new techniques such as Japanese binding was an enjoyable experience and I now know that this is something I can confidently use in future projects. I have also realised the importance of choosing the most suitable stock and how having quality stock can improve your product immensely. th is also something i would like to experiment more with in the future.


3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I feel that I have gained strength in knowledge when it comes to things such as stock binding and page layout and i feel that I have become a stronger designer in this field however there is still a lot more skill and knowledge needed. I feel as though the execution of my work has become stronger and i have become more meticulous when finishing off a product. I feel that my photography skills have improved.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

I need to remember make time regularly through out the week to document my process as I go with photos and updates on my blog. Towards the assessment process I was struggling to complete my blog updates even though I had completed the actual product. This is something I want to address in the future to avoid stress. i think i need to access my time management in the future and learn how to balance individual projects.


5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

1. Experiment with stock and other methods of print to experiment with different outcomes.
2. I want to ensure I blog regularly so it does not build up, this means i can document my thought processes as they are fresh in my head.
3. Time management when balancing multiple briefs at a time.
4. I would have like to exploit the facilities we have in college more such as the photography suits and workshops.
5. Testing final products extensively before final production

6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas: 
(please indicate using an ‘x’)  

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance




Punctuality




Motivation




Commitment




Quantity of work produced




Quality of work produced




Contribution to the group




The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment