Tuesday 26 November 2013

Design for web / Group Crit

26 / 11 / 13
DESIGN FOR WEB / OUGD504.
GROUP CRIT.

I presented my ideas and plans for this brief and my website so far. i showed the group the scamps and wire framing i had created as well as explaining the direction i am going in, the aesthetics i want to apply as well as the navigation tools I wish to incorporate.

The feedback I gathered from the group:
- Do not make the pages too complex, create the 3 main pages and propose the rest.

- Start to use the dream-wever software and experiment with what is possible considering your knowledge as well as what you want on your pages.

- Start too look at the pixel measurements, padding and margins.

- Think about a colour scheme as well as making them suitable as web safe colours.

- Think about types and fonts that are available for web.

- think about the inclusion of a landing page and whether enough it is needed or unnecessary.



MY THOUGHTS

I had already realised that I would not be capable of creating the full website I had proposed and had already decided that i would code and arrange the 3 main pages.

I defiantly need to start applying my design through the Dream weaver software to get to grips on the possibilities and the tools needed to create the aesthetics and navigation I would like.

I need to come up with a suitable colour scheme as well as making sure that they are web safe. This is important when creating icons, images, photographs and logos.

I need to sort out patterns and imagery that would be used as accompanying and background images as well as text for the conent of my different pages.


No comments:

Post a Comment