Saturday 22 March 2014

Responsive / Wedding invites / Foil Printing / RSVP

21 / 3 / 14
RESPONSIVE / OUGD503
LIVE BRIEF / WEDDING INVITES.
RSVPS & FOIL PRINTING.

To save on cost, Mandy said that she could print the rsvps at her work rather than sending these also to printed.com as this would cost an added £15 to the cost.

I created the RSVP's in the same style as the invitations to remain consistent with the other parts of the invitation.

I added a little quote that gives the request a sense of fun by referring to a popular song adding to the playful and inviting ethos of the complete invite.

Because I did not need to print these I sent them to Mandy via email so she could arrange the print.

I printed off a document that had multiple labels on it and exposed this on to my fabric screen. I the screen printed with the adhesive on to white card and sent this through the heat press with the gold foil.

Some of the finer details in some of the letters did not come out and i think this was due to the size, however this does not hinder the legibility of the label and almost adds a sense of a vintage feel.


 A couple of the labels did not come out as a full image and I think this was because the adhesive had started to clog up the screen. this did not matter however because I had pulled the screen numb of times giving me a large amount of print so i will simply take the best once from this.
I am really happy with the way in which these have turned out. I think because I have gained a lot more experience using the technique in printing, I am now a lot more confident and quicker at getting it completed.

I bought some gold paper in a local craft shop as it caught my eye. Like some of the examples i looked at on my context blog, labels often ave a second as decoration to add texture and substance to the feature. I feel that this enhances the gold in the label.


*  *  *  *



Unfortunately this is the only image I have of the invitations because during this time my phone was stolen and i could not recover the pictures I had taken of the invitations and the putting together of them. This image is one I sent to Mandy as soon as the invites arrived as a little teaser before I put them together so I retrieved it from the sent box in my email.


These are images that I retrieved from a social media site I had shard the images on to, even though it is a shame that I have not got the original photographs i had taken, I think that these still show the class of the design and how it works. I bought some gold string to bring all the documents together so they could then be put into an envelope and sent off to the family and friends of the bride and Groom.




No comments:

Post a Comment