Tuesday 18 March 2014

Responsive / Wedding invites / Printing & Further Development

17 / 3 / 14
RESPONSIVE / OUGD503
FURTHER DEVELOPMENT.
PRINT OPTIONS.


I had looked at many different online print places such as vista print and 1-2-print. The best online print place I did find was printed.com. This site allows you to upload you pdf's and as well as choose many different options to do with stock and envelope types. the way in which you sort out your order is very easy and straight forward.

I did a practice run on the webpage so i could get an estimate on the cost of this print. I entered in the details for an a6 sized print.



This means that for all of the invites this will cost around £40 including delivery costs

Out of interest I decided to look at how much an a6 size would cost. After completing notice and the invite, I realised when I put these in an envelope tied together, because they are the same size it would effect the presentation as the would be covering each other up. in many of the examples that many sent me, the different documents differ in size and whether they are landscape or portrait.

An estimation for an a6 size document is around £35.

I looked at altering the notice of marriage to fit the smaller size. I think this would also suit that fact that the aspect is a notice/note to inform.
I have to be aware that reducing the size may hinder the readability of the type so I will have to enlarge this a little more.


Looking at the invitations like this I felt that the white/cream colour was a little too vacant, being the larger page i feel this zapped a lot of the character created. i also feel that the navy blues a richer colour and may look better on the larger page so I decide to swap the colours around.



I vastly preferred this aesthetic this way round regarding colour. I also lightened the blue slightly because i felt the previous colour was a little too dark and moody for the ethos of a wedding.


*  *  *  * 

in some go the examples i had found as reference and idea generation on my Contaxt blog, many of the invites were tied together with string and I felt that this would be fitting to use as rope is recognised in a nautical sense. there was also a card that I had found that had the saying 'tying the know' and as the card opened and knot was tied to symbolise the coming together of the couple.

i really liked this idea and the play on words used. To recreate something similar I thought about the idea of adding a label to the string that would tie these invitations together with the note saying 'tying the knot'. i think this would not only symbolise th marriage but hit would also play on the fact that the physical knot is bringing together all the aspects that are going to make up this special occasion.



To add a little specialness to the invite I thought that adding a foil to this label may be a nice touch. I also believe this will be doable considering the fast turn around I have to achieve for the client as I can fit many of these labels on one screen and print them with foil on bulk. I can also do this while the invitations are sent off to print.


I think that gold foil will really look good with the blue and I think it would suit the nautical theme to.

I did asks Mandy whether adding gold would be ok because I understand the precious metal colours are considered a lot at weddings. She stated that this would actually be very fitting as the wedding rings she had picked out for her and her fiancé are gold.


I placed the guides over to page to show were the string would be to tie together the invites.



*  *  *  * 

Before I sent these invitations to print, I sent these screenshots to Mandy to make sure that they were to her liking and to also double check that all the information on the pages was correct. i also told her how much these would cost when sent online and delivered.

She said she loved the design i had created and gave me the go ahead to send these invites to printed.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment