Saturday 23 November 2013

Design for Print / Logo Development

21 / 11 / 13
DESIGN FOR PRINT / OUGD504
LOGO DEVELOPMENT.
IDEAS / SKETCHES.

I feel like I want the cover of my book to just have smile logo on the front that has either been embossed or perhaps de-bossed on.

I have decided to call the publication 'Begin to Print' as it is short and to the point like how i want my explanations and visuals of each process to be.
 I mocked up a few ideas on the computer to see how I could present the title of my book. I like this typeface 'Bebas Neue' as it is very simple and spaces well which may be an advantage when working with emboss and de-boss.

After a while I began to think that these king of aesthetics for a front cover look rather to formal and did not go to well with the 'hand on' feel I was going for.

I decided to look in more scrip like fonts to see how this would appeal instead.

I played around with a few thing, however did not achieve a look that I was satisfied with. Because of this i decided to sit down and draw the type of visual i could see in my head.
 

I have really enjoyed developing and drawing these various logos and feel that I have developed a good solution for a logo that represents and suits the ethos I want to portray for my publication.

I am excited to use this logo for different processes, especially emboss and de-boss. 


*  *  *  * 


DIGITALISING MY LOGO
I took my sketch and scanned it on to the computer. Using the Illustrator software, I then drew around the image with a pen tool un till I was satisfied with the scale and perspective of the logo.




I am very happy with the outcome of the sketch and digital representation. I feel that there is a goof balance between a hand rendered element, symbolising the hands on ethos, and rigidity which gives the letterforms strength when printed via different methods.


No comments:

Post a Comment