Wednesday 4 December 2013

Print & Web / Logo Development

23 / 12 / 13
PRINT & WEB / OUGD504
LOGO DEVELOPMENT.
ACORN CONCEPT.


(Oak tree concept / Research on Design context)
As well as the coat of arms I wanted to have a logo to collaborate with the crest just to have something tha is recognisably to the scheme as well as the royal family. I wanted the logo to be elegant but not to over the top so its easy to see and read.

I started sketching up some of my ideas on paper to try and visuals what i wanted to achieve.
I started with playing with the number 100 and placing flowing ribbons around them the resemble those that are present on the coat of arms.

I then started to look at including the symbolistic piece in the acorn and perhaps a leaf.

Im not sure what an oak leaf does look like so I looked online to get visuals.


 There are some different types of oak leaf considering the type of oak they come from. Straight away I felt that using the leaves that are rounded rather than pointed  as they look more inviting and soft were a the other one looked sharp and pointy.
I started to draw things up digitally.


I do like these designs that include the number 100 however something about them is a little to much like some kind on campaign to an anniversary so i decided to keep going with development.


 I also tried create something from the crown that I created that is included in the coat of arms. I tried adding floral touches but felt this looked a little to gothic.


I also tried taking other aspects from the coat of arms and making them into their own identity to see if I could make the creates resemble each other and be recognisable to each other.



I created the outline of an oak leaf and played with the form this made. I also through about some accompanying type that describes the idea behind the acorn. 'In your Honour' is just simply stating way the presence of the acorn is and what this is to symbolise.
I started adding texture to the leaf because I feel that it need a little more elegance and decorativeness to the symbol to make it seem beautiful and special just like I want the celebrant.


To have a better space to come up with some different patterns I printed off the leaf and took a pencil to the print making up different ways in which I could add texture.


 I started adding this kind of detail digitally.
 I added the crown to the centre of the leaf to make the logo recognisable to the royal ethos and the coat of arms that everyone knows.


I started looking at different ways in which I could apply foil to this logo as well as different way I could arrange the images and attributes to make the logo the most aesthetically pleasing.


 White and Gold foil.






I really like the completely gold foil leaf with all the type aligned centrally and with added floral decoration. Some may think that all gold may seem a little over the top but this is exactly what i want to achieve because of the huge achievement this logo is representing. Everyone likes being made to feel fussed over especially when in old age, people still want to be made to feel important.



No comments:

Post a Comment