Tuesday 14 January 2014

Design for Print / Finished Product / Evaluation

4 / 1 / 14
DESIGN FOR PRINT / OUGD504
FINISHED PRODUCT
BEGIN TO PRINT.


THE PUBLICATION

PUBLICATION & POSTER

INSIDE PAGES


PACKAGING

FRONT & BACK



*  *  *  * 

EVALUATION

Out of all the projects with in this module, I feel like I gained the most from this one. Maybe due to the longer amount of time we had to work on this brief as well as the fact I much prefer working with physical things rather than screen based. I had more time to experiment and test the different process, which aided my finished product as well as gaining new knowledge for myself, which will be a definite advantage in the future.
Overall I feel that (even though my idea changed quite early on, I was able to come out of confusion, step back and simplify my thoughts and ideas which overall benefited my work as well as my finished product. I am happy with the outcome I have although If I did have more time I would have liked to work on the packaging more to make it more appealing and interesting to the audience. Perhaps having information on the fold out panels may have added a nice effect to the revealing of the product inside.
I feel that creating the outcome I did was a big challenge for me in regards to working with so many different materials and print methods as well as trying a banding technique and packaging net I have never tried before. Even though the binding of my book is a bit flimsy, I feel that for a first go, I have done well and will feel more comfortable to practice and try again in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment