Tuesday 14 January 2014

Print & Web / Putting together

13 / 1 / 14
PRINT & WEB / OUGD504
CONSTRUCTION & EXECUTION.


TELEGRAM
I cut out the front and back foiled card. I then cut out another piece of wight card, measured it up and folded it down the middle.
 I then stuck the back and front of the telegram down onto the outside of the folded card. I printed off the content of the card and stuck these to pages on the inside of the folded card.
I was going to make and envelope using some gold paper I had found at a craft shop however i felt I was starting to run out of time. I had printed on their paper while foiling in collage.
Instead of making a full on envelope I deeded to simply fold the peer around the card. This way the card is covered and also I think that this way of opening the folded paper out is quite a soft and elegant movement.

To suspend the card onto the lid of the box was simple enough to achieve. i did not want to damage the box in anyway so I simply glues some gold ribbon on to the inside of the lid so I could the tie the ribbon around the card in order to suspend it to the box.


*  *  *  *


BOXES




I cut out some upholstery foam in order to secure the smaller boxes in the larger gift box. I then tried cover this foam in order to make the content seem more aesthetically pleasing.

(To represent the proposed items I have come up with i just added small objects to the boxes.)

Inside the mini boxes i tried black tissue paper and a white an gold tissue paper.



Over the upholstery foam i applied white tissue paper to see how this looked, but I wasn't keen as i feel all the white washed out the other colours present.

Tissue paper also kept ripping around the edges of the boxes which suggested this material was not robust enough to do this job.
I applied some old material we had in the house that had a velvety quality and was a dull pinkish colour. i really like the effect this type of material has and I think that it makes the box look royal and luxurious which is the ethos i am trying to achieve.

I liked the effect However I did not like the colour of the fabric. i thought that a more vibrant colour would allow the content to pop more and be enhanced.

I went and bought some material that had a more vibrant quality to it and was a reedier tone.

I wanted to attach the material in a way that would allow the recipient to lift it out nicely so they could then access the tea tray underneath. 
With the help of my mother (a keen seamstress) I covered the foam with the material and glued this top half to the foam. we then cut out another piece of material to go on the underneath side an my mum sewed it up for me.

i was very pleased at this outcome and felt that the rushing in the fabric really added to the visual of the box as it enhanced the content and worked very well with the gold foil.


I wrapped the boxed with their designated sashes just using prit stick.



Im really happy with the outcome of these boxes and even though the foil is a little hindered in some places. The effect and ethos is still very much present.

For the content of the acorn box I stuck on the label for the jar which was a very simple process.

To keep the leaflet secured in the box lid I took the same technique that i used for the telegram. I used some ribbon that I tied around the top section of the box.


No comments:

Post a Comment