Tuesday 7 January 2014

Print & Web / Last crit / Thoughts

7 / 1 / 14
PRINT & WEB / OUGD504
FINAL CRIT.

I brought the crit all the work and initial ideas I had gathered so far. I also made some design boards to help show my ideas and explain the concept thoroughly.

As well as these I brought in my box and some other boxes I was thinking about utilising.



FEEDBACK
The over all feed back was very positive and everybody seemed pleased with the progress I had made so far and liked the sound of what I was planning.

It was suggested that if I was going so far into making such special gifts, it may be a good idea to make the box personal to the recipient.Through discussion we met an agreement in the group that i could offer this service of making the box personalised for a small extra charge when ordering online or through a catalog.

I as advised to think about cost but through discussion we agreed that this is not so much of an issue as people would be willing to pay for a gift that is so special and unique to the celebrant and the age they are.


THOUGHTS
After the crit I really appreciated the suggestion of making the boxes personalised as an option. I also thought about pushing this further and making the box versatile by having multiple options for content. By this i mean having options to which the buyer can choose to have in the box so as to make sure that the celebrant get something the is useful and suited to them.

To do this I think that having boxes all the same size (apart from the acorn box which will be a part of all boxes) will allow the content to be chopped and changed as well as making production and printing easier. Packaging of these single bosses can be left as un-specific helping with printing costs and what ever item is placed in these boxes, they can have labels with the whether these are just tags to name an describe what the item is.






No comments:

Post a Comment