Wednesday 8 January 2014

Print & Web / Telegram

8 / 1 / 14
PRINT & WEB / OUGD504
TELEGRAM FROM THE QUEEN
DESIGN.

For me this was a fairly straight forward process when creating the telegram as it is a tradition that holds a consistent aesthetic. I have looked at existing designs and layouts on my Design Context blog.

I stated on the front playing type and the coat of arms.
 Gold foil

 White or Silver foil

White and Gold foil

Out of my tests i definitely preferred the complete gold foil version with the lettering spaced wider.

I started arranging the back of the card, also with gold foil.
I like the complete gold design with the crown and accompanying text at the back.

To conform with cards that have been created in the past, i deeded to have the card landscape rather than portrait at the measurement of 24cm x 14.5cm.

For the inside of the telegram i have used text the is present with in those that have been posted for the last year.


'I am so pleased to know
that you are celebrating your one hundredth Birthday
on the 10th of April, 2014.

I send my congratulations and best wishes to you
on such a special occasion.'

I also chose this photograph of the queen to go into the card.
I started putting the inside of my telegram together.

I am happy that this telegram layout and design stray with in in traditions of the originals.
I also looked into possible envelopes.











No comments:

Post a Comment