Wednesday 5 March 2014

Responsive / Purdey's / Further Development & Design Boards

5 / 3 / 14
RESPONSIVE / OUGD503
COMPETITION BREIF / PURDEY'S.
FURTHER DEVELOPMENT & DESIGN BOARDS.



I started to look at possible logos that still incorporated the original however gave it more of a familiar aesthetic to the one I had created through my bottle design.
 I created these by adding some of my favourite drawing as a background to the original logo at a lover opacity so as not to take away from the type. I do like this idea how ever I feel it may be too over the top for an actual logo and may be difficult to incorporate into other medias such as print or possibly online. Its hard to get a balance of the opacity of the image and insuring not too much detail is lost and then making sure that the logo is at the forefront and un hundred by its surrounding.


This is a much simpler vernon as all that has been altered is the addition of the Elixir vitae badge over the top of the type based logo.

 I like the involvement of the badge because as stated previously I believe it is a good little piece of Graphic Design and that cleverly sums up the ethos of the product. I added it in this way just to make more of a variation of the logo as it can be separated in to just the type of just the badge also.

Adding the little vibrancy in the pink helps to break up the logo rather than having it as all one colour.


*  *  *  *


FURTHER DEVELOPMENT

I downloaded a mock up file so i could upload my own aesthetics and show how they can me utilised when considering different aspects that may be used by the Purdy's brand through out their company. The brief does only ask for a design for their product but i feel like incorporating something like this just shows the potential in my work and even if not all of it is of interested, perhaps some of the smaller detail could be.

This is the original file downloaded and the basis of what I concentrated my design aesthetic onto.



This is the finished branding proposal. it incorporates the hand drawing at a lower opacity so that the content of the document are not hindered. I feel that this gives off a very natural basis which is something that the company already prides themselves on.

Considering the logo a played with the seal i had created for the bottle and added this to the documents here. i like the way it acts as a 'seal of approval' and gives off the impression that everything is quality checked and approved by the company giving a sense of pride and acknowledgement.

The proposal of an online presence may just be for the simple reasons of giving the consumer the option of finding out more about the product and its origins. More the ever, people today are more concerned about were the food and drink comes from and having something as simple as this gives the option of opening p to the consumer and showing manufacturing techniques.

the fact that the purveys Rejuvenate beverage is light sensitive concerning botanicals that are part of the content may be something interesting to explain and show through something like this. the target audience of these beverages are those that are health conscious and people that may take more interest on what goes in to their purchases. 
As a little fun I applied my graphics to a possible company car. i don't think I will submit this to the competition as I think it is getting too far away from the focus.


*  *  *  *


DESIGN BOARDS

I actually used a little inspiration from the stationary design I had come up with previously and applied a similar layout from that to my boards. Using the consistent imagery as a boarder and laying this out so that each board will remain consistent even though the content will differ.


The first board I laid out was the concept board which explains my ideas behind my design and how this works in conjunction with the product.


The second board identifies the type of bottle I have chosen to use and why as well as the benefits to this shape.


The following design boards are those that feature my finished chosen designs. I have decided to submit 2 designs as I feel that even though they do follow the same ethos, their aesthetics differ slightly and perhaps betray slightly different feels. i think that submitting both give the panel options and show the potential the design an imagery have.




After completing my boards I ensured that the spelling and content of each board was correct then submitted to the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment