Friday 7 March 2014

Responsive / Wedding invitations / Disscussion

7 / 3 / 14
RESPONSIVE / OUGD503
LIVE BRIEF / WEDDING INVITATIONS.
INITIAL IDEAS / DISCUSSION.

The client for this brief is a woman called Mandy Smith who is a friend of mine that I met while on holiday while in Turkey last summer. I met her through my partner who is friends with her fiancé and it was my partner who recommended my services for the Wedding invitations.

I spoke to Mandy over email and Facebook as she told me the details of the marriage and the situation that requires not just a typical invite but also a notice of marriage. The could are officiating their marriage in Turkey in May this year. Due to their circumstances regarding nationality they have decided that the official marriage will be in Turkey in the grooms home town with his family and a celebration for those friends and family members that are situated back in the UK will be able to celebrate the marriage of the new couple at a party planned for August.

Mandy has sent me some ideas of invitations that she has been looking at for inspiration and this has given me a good grasp of what she is wanting. ( These are a part of my context blog).

She has also stated to me the following.
- The wedding colours are navy blue and cream.
- A subtle nautical theme due to the couples background.
- The notice needs to be sent out prior to the invitation to let relatives and friends know what is happening before it happens.

Mandy has requested a soft nautical like feel due to the couple meeting on a boat trip a couple of years ago. She feels that this will be a good way to display the culmination of their relationship by symbolising how it all started. However she does not want this aesthetic to be too over the top and obvious, more as a subtle underlining.

No comments:

Post a Comment