Friday 4 April 2014

Responsive / Need 1 / Initial Ideas

3 / 4 / 14
RESPONSIVE / OUGD503
LIVE BRIEF / NEED COMPANY 1
INITIAL IDEAS.

To get ideas for the Business card I had a look at the Need 4 Sale webpage to get a better understanding on the ethos and themes used here. This will also make help me to also make the aesthetics consistent with the existing brand.

http://need4sale.com/


I like the layout of the web page, and the navigation is very simple and easy to use in order to find the different type of properties on offer.

I sent an email to Need company asking what the specific information they wanted on their business cards.


*  *  *  *

I started looking at how I could apply the aesthetic of the existing webpage to a business card design.


 I added the logo with the label from the header of the webpage a tried it as a kind of a belly band. However I wasn't happy with the way this looked.

I tried applying more block colours.


Even though I do like the colours in these design aI just feel they have no impact. Espacially  because of the print that is going to have to be used as part of a budget, I have to make sure that the design is still catching and pops of the card more as I won't be able to get certain qualities that come in more dynamic print process.

Because I felt the appearance was too flat the started to experiment with adding more textures to the background.


 I started to experiment with a texture that I developed form the noticeable and recognisable features of the logo regarding the make up of the E letterforms. When I started sticking them on top of each other I also thought this could be a nice reference to the construction side of the company.
 I thought that the darker blue background looked  little too dark so I re applied the white.



 I vastly preferred this colour as it looks clean and fresh. The clinical appearance offers a sense of higher quality.


I increased the size of this texture to make it a little less busy and again adjusted the opacity of some of the shape to make sure the logo and aded detail un hindered and readable.

Even though i do like the pattern created here, I felt it seemed a little to pristine and straight forward and wast quite good enough.

 I started to play with adding in images of the properties presented on the webpage. I felt that this would make it a little more obvious toward the type of the business this company is. I also felt this will add a litre more substance to the feel of the card through lines and textures.

I continued to play with the opacities of the image as well as trying different types of property image all taken form the webpage of the company.





I preferred this image because I think the shape and the fact that it is purely a building work focusses in on the property, architectural and construction services that the company offers. I think the colour of the building being just clean, white plaster, this also offers an example of the aesthetic that is reflected in the white, fresh appearance of the identity I am trying to create.

To add more of sleekness to the appearance of the card its self I adjusted the dimensions slightly be increasing the width. I also decreases the opacities of both the image and the pattern to enhance the logo more and to create a more subtle aesthetic.

I really like this aesthetic and I feel that it really encased the ethos of the company and what it offers without being to over obvious. i feel that the dimension change also framed the logo apt better making the overall aesthetic more professional looking.



No comments:

Post a Comment