Tuesday 1 April 2014

Studio Brief 2 / Development of Concept

OUGD505 / STUDIO BRIEF 2
EMPEZAR / BEAN TO BAR.
DEVELOPMENT OF CONCEPT / IDEAS.

I feel that sticking with the name of my research book will be a good way of keeping me focussed and remembering that the origin needs to be the main focus of the brand. The name being spanish for beginning will give the brand depth and substance and will also hep the 2 studio briefs to be consistent.

My aim is to take, and develop the aesthetics I had applied to studio 1 and create a brand that would suit an establishment that would offer produce that prides its self on the purity and natural forms of chocolate. I also want to have this leak into products that would be packaged in away that keeps the aesthetic recognisable to the brand.




Similar to a way in which companies like Starbucks have products that are sold in other food stores, I would like to develop a system like this in order to my my brand more diverse and widely accessible.

I like the idea of having a chocolate shop, however to fit with the idea of having an experience and uncovering the origins of this product, there could be an added aspect of sitting and being able to try the chocolate in different forms.

I like the idea of having a tasting chart that would allow you to try chocolate that comes in different strengths so you can experience the taste of the rawest possible form up until the 'sugaryist' and the form that most of us are so familiar with. I feel that this would be a great way of showing the manipulation of the basic product and may also raise awareness of the additives put into chocolate to make it taste the way it does.

I think that raising this awareness of what is added to the basis of the produce would be very fitting within the era we are in at the moment as many people are more aware and diligent when it comes to the origins of the products they by whether it be food or not. Ethics play a big role in todays consumerist culture.

People taking note on were and how their food is brought to them is in the public eye at this time, however this is usually seen through food like meat. why is chocolate any different. many people do not no the benefits that the rawest form of chocolates have and how it was actually originally used for medicinal purposes.

I feel that even though the Eating establishment is key with in my concept, the produce that would be proposed as part of this brand are the most important. I think this is because I am trying to show the importance of the integral produce that makes chocolate and to enhance how diverse chocolate is and how it can be made into so many different things.

These products will obviously be available with in the chocolate shop / cafe in a more inter mate way which does no need packaging, however making these product available in a more wider sense will mean I can package what is available in store so it can be taken away, enjoyed and shared. These product will be made available in store as well as in other food stores such as supermarkets.



*  *  *  *


I want to keep the traditional feel of the production and origin of chocolate yet bring t into the modern society of today so it remains relatable. One way I had thought to do this is through the new, up and coming interactive system called augmented reality.

I feel that incorporating this some how into the establishment or the packaging. Im not sure how do arable this will be for me at this stage as I have little understanding of this process swell as limited time into which I ca complete this project regarding all the other briefs I have going on at this point.



I looked at possibilities that could come in the form of products that I could make to display a wide range of possibilities. I also listed values that I need to stick to.




THINGS REGARDING BRANDING & IDENTITY 
- Signage and shop front
- Cutlery, Dishes, Plates, Cups etc.
- Wall art and displays
- Furniture and upholstery 
- Uniforms and aprons

THINGS REGARDING PRODUCT & PACKAGING
- Savoury
- Sweet
- Taster sets
- Drink, Hot and cold
- Infusions
- Baked goods
- Sauces

(I think that it will be important to include savoury products as well as sweet to increase the diversity of a product.)


When it came to possible product I know that I want to do a taster set that allows the audience to try a scale of chocolates that goes from the rawest possible form up to something really sweet. I also know I want to include beverages as, through research, I found out that this is the first chocolate product that was actually invented beofr the solid chocolate that is so popular today.


*  *  *  *



In terms of location, I want to propose a brand that is like a mini franchise so there are a few rather than having a single store. This way the produce and experience of being out and about and visiting the store is made easier as well as having produce in other stores. 

I think that having the initial store in London or in and around that area would be the best idea before it can be expanded across the main cities in the country.



No comments:

Post a Comment