Tuesday 8 April 2014

Responsive / Need 2 / Initial Ideas

5 / 4 / 14
RESPONSIVE / OUGD503
LIVE BRIEF / NEED COMPANY BROCHURE.
INITIAL IDEAS & LAYOUTS.


I started by sketching some quick possibilities to get an idea on layout. i then chose the ones i felt were most appropriate a scales them up in diminution to get a fuller idea on the content and how it would most make sense in terms of flow and the combination of body copy and image.



These are the ones I preferred fro the initial sketches. i looked at what kind of information could go where as well as alignment of type.
 From the out set I already new that i would want to used 4 sided images so it referenced the identity I had created for the company previously. I feel having these types of images and and simple layout would be the best way to remain consistent with the ethos that is already present.

I really like the layouts that can be adapted in regards to the amount of images that can be used, but still remain the same it over all dimension. This helps the page to remain consistent through out while different images are used to take up the space.

I digitally recreated the layouts that I felt worked the best together as a set of layouts that maintain similar structures.





For all the images of the properties that are going to be a part of this brochure, the client sent me some files through dropbox so I could have the original images o not hinder the quality of the pictures.


*  *  *  *

I started to play with the layouts and fill in the images according to the chosen examples.


I added in the images and used the Need4sale webpage to get the information needed to describe the property. I started with the property Kalamar dream because the images were really well done and I thought it would be a good property to try when testing out the layout I had come up with.

I adjusted the colour of the property name and enhanced it in order for it to stand out. I also looks more as if it be belongs to the brand due to the colour.

I also softened the whole aesthetic by reducing the harshness of the black and turning it grey. This also suits the blue colour a lot better.

iI chose these typefaces because I feel the shape of the Heading typeface, Bebas Neue has a very structured shape and authoritative like feel it gives off.

The body copy typeface also resembles this however is a more legible for the descriptions of the property and the surrounding areas.
While I was applying other images to the layout to show the side f the property and other defining features, I started to apply them as if the audience was being shown around the property. So I started with the outside of the property looking at the seating area and the pool. this would then more into the inside of the property starting with the group floor and working its way up through the building.

I feel this and a personable touch and gives the images a good flow with thorough insight on the property and what it can offer to potential customers.

Along with each image there are short descriptions based on what it in the image to give them some context.


To make the images sent to me conform with the layout I had prepared. I cut the more integral part of the image out into the shape needed for the layout.


*  *  *  *

Now I had the basic layout for the pages that would include the actual properties I had to come up with a way in which I could order the properties and have them in some kind of structure and flow.

I thought about chaptering up the publication in regards to whether the property was a villa, apartment or an off plan project. However I then thought it would be better to have the order determined by the area the property is situated: Kalkan, Kalamar bay, Kas or Islamlar.

To illustrate where theses specific places are in relation to each other, I decided to create a simple map. I could then incorporate this into a layout that I have already come up with.

 I got this image of the lycian cost off google images as it contains the locations in question.


I copied the outline of the part of the map that I needed.

 I then added the places onto the map and tried out some different colours and ways of presentation.


I tried adding the texture I used for the identity over the blue colour that represents the ocean however this did not turn out so well.

Instead I got reid of the colour all together and the reduced to opacity and i really liked the aesthetic that this image gives off. It is simple and understandable and suits the visuals used through out not only the brochure but also the branding and identity.

I created the introduction page in the same style as the introduction page used for the property pages.
I really happy with how this looks and I think it is in keeping with the aesthetic.

I also had to make a page that would introduce each of the chapters concerning the locations on the map.

 I used some images form the property file of the views in the specific areas so the audience can get an idea of the region that surrounds the specific properties.






No comments:

Post a Comment