Saturday 17 May 2014

Studio Brief 2 / Further Development / Jar & Salami

OUGD505 / STUDIO BRIEF 2
EMPEZAR / BEAN TO BAR.
JAR & SALAMI PACKAGING.


COCOA POWDER / JAR
I found this jar which I thought was fitting for the aesthetic of the brand. This was to hold cocoa powder. Because I had already packaged the bottles and the box. i already had an idea of how this would look.
I mocked up the packaging and rather than having the label go around the bottom of the jar like the bottle, this one goes around the top, this is because it works better on the rounded shape of the jar. Having it go around the bottom doesn't work because of this curve.

I took the measurements from the mock up and added the relevant information to the label regarding the product while in keeping with the brand identity.



I added the burlap ribbon around the lid like how I had done with the milk bottles and I really like what this gave to the product. I really happy with this packaging and I think along the box this is the favourite.


*  *  *  *


SALAMI DE CIOCCOLATO

Obviously with the hand in I can't had in something perishable so i had to recreate this product using material that could represent that product.

I took some upholstery foam and recreated the shape and also trellising the material in the way in which the food item would be prepared. This way the texture and appearance is evident. I already know how I was going to packaging this product from the sketches I had produced previously and there only really a few way in which this shape can be packaged especially when keeping with in my aesthetic.

I wrapped up this shape with the brown paper as the basis like I had done with the box. I looked into perhaps having this stock wrap completely around the produce or having it around the centre.


I decided to go with the packaging that is open at the sides so as the produce can be visualised and the audience can see what they are getting. 

The label include information on the ingredients and wraps around in away were this is sat at the back.



The labelling for this is very much taken from the form of the belly band on the original chocolate box and remains consistent with this. Im happy with how this looks and i like how it shows how the identity can be versatile and accompany many different shapes of product.






No comments:

Post a Comment