Wednesday 14 May 2014

Studio Brief 2 / Shopping trip

OUGD505 / STUDIO BREIF 2
EMPEZAR / BEAN TO BAR.
SHOPPING TRIP / INSPIRATION.

Due to other briefs to do with other modules on this course I feel that i have really been  lacking in this project which is very disappointing to me. i really don't have a lot time to complete this brief and due to being preoccupied, I feel that my ideas have become a little stale.

I decided to go to some craft stores to find some inspiration regarding he packaging I need to complete in just over a weeks time.

These are some of the things I picked up from the craft store. I found some really nice burlap material that reminded me of the sack that are used to transport the cocoa pods when they are freshly picked from the trees in the South American regions. I also found some burlap ribbon that I though may come in handy.

I already had an existing box at home that i had previously eyed up fro the chocolate box as it was just the right size and dimensions that would be appropriate for my product.

The bottle at the top resembled those that are used to hold alcohol. Originally I had looked into buying some milk bottles. However as soon as I saw this bottle the concept came over me that having milk bottles may seem a little childish considering the type of audience I am trying to reach according to my brief.

I felt that this bottle shop would appeal more to the audience I am trying to address do to the links and recognition to a beverage that is consumed by older people rather than a bottle that is recognised from times at school.

At the library at collage, I saw some paper that resembles that used fro brown paper bags. I feel this stock is very earthy and natural. I was happy to find out that you can actually print on this paper which opened up some possibilities to be regarding packaging.



No comments:

Post a Comment